We are open
At A Gentle Vet, we are committed to providing a safe environment in which you and your pets can receive treatment while feeling comfortable and secure. If your pet is sick or scheduled for care, we are open and fully operational. The following changes and updates to how we operate are found below:
• Due to a variety of circumstances during the current pandemic demand for veterinary care has increased dramatically locally and throughout the country. Because of the precautions that we must take for our clients and staff members health, the number of patients we can care for daily is limited. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times for available appointments and surgical procedures. We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
• Please call if needing urgent care. Depending on case load and availability we will try our best find a way to care for your pet. Do to these exceptional times and circumstances we may not be able to provide your pet with emergency same day care and may need to refer to an emergency facility. While this is regrettable we are doing all we can to care for our patients, clients and staff members health.
• We are limiting access of clients to the inside of building at any given time. If an exam room is unavailable you will be asked to wait outside in your car for your appointment(s), technician appointments, surgery drop offs, or to purchase/pick up medications. Please call when you arrive. A mask/face covering will be required to enter the building.
• Our facility is thoroughly disinfected multiple times daily, and rooms between visits, with the most advanced and effective disinfectants available and we will continue to ensure that we take proper measures to minimize any potential risk. Our staff has been trained and instructed in the most effective cleaning protocols for our clinic.
• If you or a member of your household have tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have any symptoms of the virus: sore throat, dry cough or fever, PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
• To maintain “social distancing,” we offer curbside drop-off. Simply call us when you arrive for your appointment, and one of our associates will come to the car to get your pet. We will then call your cell to arrange bringing your pet back to your car outside the clinic. We can arrange for you to pay over the phone, or we can disinfect your credit card before returning it to you. Alternatively, after checking in at reception and dropping off your pet, you are welcome to wait in your car. We will optionally text you when we are ready to discuss care options.
• If you need to pick up medications for your pet, please call. We strongly encourage you to coordinate home delivery for individual or reoccurring needs. We work with Vetsource.com to ensure that your pets receive the quality products that we utilize in our practice. The shipping of any food or prescriptions can be sent directly to your home via Vetsource.
We are dedicated to providing you and your pet companions the very best in care, and we will continue to fulfill that promise to you regardless of external events. While we cannot be certain of how long this virus will cause disruption, we are certain that we will all get through this together. We understand that coronavirus poses risks, but we also know our pets need and deserve care during this time. Thank you for trusting us as your partner in your pets' healthcare.
The team at A Gentle Vet